Friday, July 27, 2012

Sometimes when you fail, you don't

I rode the struggle bus hard this morning on my run, or at least I feel like I did. Map My Run says otherwise. Its funny how it seems when I feel like I'm at my worst, my numbers seem to be better. My speed increased today versus the past couple days. Maybe I pushed myself harder and I just feel like it was harder (I suppose that's how this whole fitness thing works). I did change up my music. I guess a little Mamma Mia did the trick, thanks ABBA!

3 weeks into the Couch to 5K program. I'm still pretty pumped. However I'm more proud of the inspiration I have given to my friends and co-workers. My boss and another friend at work have both started the C25K and we've been more inspired to talk to our patients about health and fitness goals over the past couple weeks. A little accountability goes a long way. This is the first time I've really felt like I can't quit because I will not only disappoint myself, I'll disappoint so many other people. I'm still terrified of the prospect of running a half marathon in 25 weeks. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment