Saturday, September 7, 2013

Getting Ready

So, clearly I'm picking and choosing which of the prompts I'm using. Its fine, this is my blog, I can do what I want. Right? Of course.

It always feels like I'm getting ready for something; work, vacation, training. Always preparing for an event or experience.  Right now I'm getting ready in the short term for our fantastic vacation, more long term for my second half marathon. Preparation is an uphill battle. When it comes to vacation planning I am all over that, the planning of our days, what we're going to do, who we're going to see. That is all so much fun!

Getting ready for a half marathon on the other hand is a very daunting and laborious task. Days, weeks, and months of preparation all boil down to the success of one 3 hour period. That is a terrifying thought. It is also incredibly rewarding. This January I can't wait to cross that finish line for a second time. I can't wait for a new PR and to have another great medal put around my neck! For that I get up and get ready every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment