Wednesday, September 4, 2013

4. Alone

A beautiful early morning, alone in the Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge
There are very few moments in life where I truly appreciate being alone. Of all places I found this appreciation at Disney World on our trip last year. If you have never had a chance to stay at or even visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I strongly suggest you do. This resort is so large, sprawling and beautiful you can't help but realize you are entirely alone from time to time.

On vacation I am a morning person, at home in my day-to-day grind I am not. Every morning of our trip last May I woke up around 0530. I would pull my cardigan on over tank top and yoga pants and meander the vast landscape of this resort to get the blessed nectar of life, coffee. Every morning was like my own personal safari adventure.

Along with the serenity and peace it provided me, in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the day crowds, it allowed me to see things and details I think I would overlook during the busier times of the day. I also gave me an overwhelming appreciation of all of the custodial, horticulture, and animal care Cast Members.

As I was the only guest up and about in the resort, or so it seemed, I became a familiar face to a few CM's. They would smile and wave, wish me a good morning, and even joke with me about my alone time in the morning. It was pleasant and peaceful. These alone moments also made me feel special. I was the crazy lady who wandered the grounds with her coffee and camera in hand at the crack of dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment