Monday, September 2, 2013

1. Together

The first prompt for the September Photo a Day is the word together. Although I did not get a picture, I did have a wonderful time of "Together" today. I got a message from the husband of a good friend yesterday asking if we wanted to get together this weekend. We were able to do that today.

Together is a very special word. It means so much to so many people. Though I do not get to be together with my dear husband as much as we'd like, I do have many terrific friends to which I am thankful call, text, message and write to me to come together. Today I got to spend time with an old friend and her family. We had a wonderful time and I appreciate our friendships, and the laughter and joy we share. It is always good to spend time together with people you love. Whether you see them once in a while or all the time, I appreciate being able to have a sense of community and family whether the family is the one to which you are born or the one you create yourself. It helps to hold me together.

No comments:

Post a Comment