Monday, January 17, 2011

Guided Tours at Disneyland

Since we did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour with our friend Kim this summer, I have been toying around with the idea of taking it again with my friend Kelly next week. I absolutely loved the tour. Not much of the information was new to me, I read too much, but both my mom and Kim were delighted by it. I will admit, had our tour guide not been so engaging, I'm not sure I would feel the same.

We had a small group, albeit an odd group. Actually I don't think odd even begins to describe the dynamic, but I digress. I absolutely loved the interaction and level of interest the tour guide maintained through the entire tour. For those of us thoroughly engrossed in the history and essential "Walt-ness" of Disneyland, I think that the tour shouldn't be a disappointment.

I think for me, the highlights of the tour were the audio tid-bits we were afforded by the use of headsets. It was neat to walk down Mainstreet and see what Walt saw and hear his voice. It just added a little extra magic to an already magical place for me. Then to move on and meet "Ophelia" was another high point. Getting up close and personal with an animatronic flower is a fun experience for anyone interested in the "how does it work" side of some of the classic attractions.

All-in-all, I think there will be another Walk in Walt's Footsteps in my near future. If not by a paid guided tour, at least I can pretend. I still believe you walk in his footsteps everytime you pass through the turnstiles. "To all who come to this happy place, welcome. Disneyland is your land."

No comments:

Post a Comment