Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Humanity Parade

A good friend on mine is a flight attendant, and that said, she sees some what I shall refer to as "interesting" people in her travels. I love her insights into humanity. She posted a photo album last week that reminded me of the photos Lilo took of tourists in "Lilo and Stitch". It was entertaining and enlightening. I also like to people watch. I do it a lot. However, now I think I will do it with camera in hand. I was looking for a photo theme for our upcoming trip and I think, thanks to K, I will focus my photo taking on painting a portrait of the hoards of Disney tourists in their humanity parade.

For the past few years we have developed a routine in the park. We get there fairly early, get a cup of coffee on Mainstreet and camp out for a morning people safari and then repeat mid afternoon, and at park closing. You see some of the same people and I am fascinated by their daily change in appearance and demeanor. The typical theme park visiting family is ill-prepared for the day to day hustle and bustle of the American family vacation. No one has a plan, and there is no pre-trip training, amateurs. This year I will make it my mission to dutifully photo document this "Humanity Parade".

No comments:

Post a Comment